booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlish96

Daemon Poster
has anybody experienced this with WinXP Pro?

I had this problem with my second pc....i got frustrated that i reformatted my HD.

Anyway,...when I restarted... windows won't boot ...it indicated that C:\windows\system32\config..(or something like that) cannot be loaded or corrupt...and that i had to boot from the original installation disk and go to the recovery console....I did what it told me to do,..however i wasn't pretty sure what i was supposed when i'm already in the recovery console,...i tried fixmbr,...windows still won't boot...got frustrated and just reinstalled windows. anyway,..has experienced this and got around the problem effectively?:confused:

I haven't seen this problem, but you should have been able to fix it from the Recovery Console by copying the file from your CD to the correct location on the HDD.

oh,..ic. LOL! just imagine all the trouble :mad: i went through reinstalling all those software and updating.:eek: :eek: :eek: ...thanks man! i'll give it a shot next time....not that i want it to happen again

So how does one run the system recovery. I got to the screen where you do it, but I dont know what to do once I get there. Please be very specific and walk me through this, I am very illiterate on the pc.

Best to search for winxp recovery console and you'll get a list of commands. Also find the location of the file on the CD if you copy it. usually but not always works, use chkdsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom