BootDisk Imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
Ok, I decided to go with a working link, austrumi. Problem is, there isint exactly a read me for this situation... and I have only done this 2 or 3 times, not yet got it memorized. Anyone want to help me out?

What are you trying to do. Make a image of your hard drive? Using XP or Vista? Ghost or Acronis?

I basically need to copy everything on my hard drive, copy it, and put it on another computer. My friends previous harddrive crashed and we basically have the same files because we work in the same station.

and it is for windows XP. Im not to sure what you mean about your 3rd question though..

Well you do know that this wont work right? I mean you are trying to image your drive and put it on another PC. First that is illegal. 2nd it will give you nothing but grief.

Let me explain.

It is illegal cause that would mean there would be 2 copies of XP with the same serial activated. This violates the Terms and Service and EULA of XP.

It will give you nothign but grief cause the hardware profile will not match and you will end up doing more repairs to the PC then it running right off the bat. You will use this "image" and put it on his PC and then there will be errors like hal.dll missing then so more. Finally you will be asking how to fix all these errors and the first response will be to do a repair isntall with the CD. Since that is the case you might as well go ahead and use the CD and just do a fresh isntall and avoid this whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom