bootable floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
i need to make bootable floppies into bootable cds, my floppy drive crapped and i dont like floppies neways. i need to make the partition magic boot floppies into boot cds and some other boot floppies, ghost is another one i need on cd, and since it only lets u make them onto 1.44 floppies how do i do this. i have the floppies made before it crapped out but i cant boot from them so i cant copy the image from or nething, i need something like alcohol but i need it to emulate a floppy drive, so i can tell it to make the floppy there instead of the actual drive then perhaps i can use nero to take that image and make a boot cd out of it. an emulated floppy drive lol how gay is that. somebody tell me what i can do plz instead of goin and buying a new floppy drive.
money is very tight rite now
thx

floppy drives aren't THAT much. can't canabulize (sp?) one from somewhere, 2 bad u weren't close by cuz I have like several xtra ones that I'd give ya.

thats the exact thing if i can find out how to make boot floppies into boot cds i can just stay away from floppies forever. theyre obsolete for storing anything of any size whatsoever and r only good for booting up with which i can do with cds if i can figure out how to burn the floppy image to a cd without a working floppy drive. like i i said i need a way to make the programs that make boots discs for themselves but only to floppies to make one to a cd or to my hdd instead so i can then make a cd out of it. and i appreciate ur generosity too bad i dont live closer. also the thing there so almost useless now ur willing to just give me some

i can send you my winME bootCD image to your email. you need nero to burn it. after its made go back and select nero's "continue multisession" option and add your ghost.exe or whatever you want. if you need ghost i can send that too. image is 2MB, just PM me if interested.

thx, sorta what i need and not, this wouldnt b that hard if my floppy drive worked. i have ghost working cuz i just have the dos files on my drive and i got ntfs dos so i can just run it from there without needing floppies for that but partition magic will only make the image to a floppy, it refuses to write the image to my cd or hdd so i need something free to emulate a floppy drive in windows or a way to make pmagic write to something other than a floppy, ha ya rite, or someone with PowerQuest PartitionMagic Version 8.02 (Build 1291) to email me some floppy boot images(2 disks) which would b the best and easiest way and thx ek/esine but i got the ghost situation sorted out but i was wondering what is the ghost start service, its description says its a background service that allows ghost to perform priviledged operations. what operations is it doing when its not even running?
thx neversleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom