Boot Time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
It takes my PC a full 62 seconds to boot, with Avg Antivirus, Spysweeper, Microsoft Antispyware, and Apc Powerchute as my only start up programs running. I timed it from when the power button was pushed, til all programs had loaded, with no cd's dvds in drives. I ran Bootvis prior to this...
I am wondeering if this is good or slow? Also, maybe some other people with similar systems could tell me their boot times? Thanks for any replies. ( yes i have nothing better to do...)

lol id say ne thing under 2 minutes is good.. mines more round 45 seconds but urs isn't bad.... (dont ask why i replied idk)

Depends on what you mean by "boot." My computer takes around 35ish seconds to get to the login screen, then another 5-10 to finish the start up after I log on. However, it has SP2, before that it took only around 20 sec to get to the login. Try defragging, and disabling start-up scans for your antivirus, if you feel comfortable with that. Also, disable unneeded things in msconfig (if you haven't already done so). And try a "bare-bones" boot, with only critical start up items and see how log it takes windows alone to boot up.

hijackthis will show you all startup entires for your os. you can remove entries by checking problem apps and click fix checked. by default it creates a backup so if your os breaks, you can put the entry back. click download at the top of this page for the exe/zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom