Boot sequence delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can fix this with a local policy. I had this problem at work where our PC's were not running the logon script (which is crucial for our software to work correctly). Found that XP was logging on with cached credentials. So we set it to ALWAYS WAIT FOR NETWORK BEFORE LOGON and have not had anymore problems.

In Windows XP go to START>RUN>GPEDIT.MSC then go to the computer configuration section>Administrative templates>System>Logon>Double click on the "always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and click enabled, apply then ok. Reboot and this should fix you right up.

@Win2kpatcher

Cheers for the reply. That is exactly what i needed. I think some people had no clue as to what i was talking about.

Ill have a look and see if there is a reg key for that entry so i can push this out to all users via zen app.

Thanks again for the help in finding that entry. If you know where the regkey is off the top of your head then feel free to drop it in the thread.

Have a good weekend folks..

Elise

take your pick :)

The logon optimization can be disabled in the following ways:

Local PO via "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon"

Global PO via "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon"

Per-machine registry hack as a policy via "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" with registry value "SyncForegroundPolicy"=dword:00000001

Per-machine registry hack via "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" with registry value "SyncForegroundPolicy"=dword:00000001

Per-user registry hack as a policy via "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" with registry value "SyncForegroundPolicy"=dword:00000001

Per-user registry hack via "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" with registry value "SyncForegroundPolicy"=dword:00000001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom