Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

For about a week I've had this problem.

Basically, when my pc boots, after it's loaded the windows xp screen and is just about to go to the login screen for windows, I see a blue screen for about half a second, and my pc restarts automatically.

After that, when it starts booting again, it automatically goes onto the.. run pc with last known good(?) settings, run windows normally, etc. So I have to go to either of these for windows to work (depends what one I selected first, it can do the same 'error' thing as many times as it takes for me to choose the right one).

If I select the 'right' option that works, it will load onto the login screen, but it says something like.. "one of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate recovery was successful".

Any help to fix this problem is appreciated.

Need to know what the stop error code is during the blue screen.

When you get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) it should look like this:

BSOD_2.gif

If you look toward the very top you will see it says STOP: 0x000000XX or something very similar to that. We need to know that in order to find out what is wrong with your system. This is not a boot problem but a crashing problem.

I would love to be able to tell you, but when it goes onto the blue screen, it is literally on for a fifth of a second, no chance to read anything, just enough time to notice a blue screen has popped up.

Any ideas?

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Hit F8 right after the POST screen and see if you can get into Safe Mode you can then Disable the Restart to see the error code.

Start>Right click My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Uncheck the box that reads Auto Restart.

That will allow you to see the code.

I'm in windows at the moment, and i've done what you've said.

I'll restart and check the error code.

By the way, is there any way I could check the error code by a file on my pc?

Start>run>eventvwr.msc

That will bring up the event viewer. From there you can look around the error logs and see what is causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom