Boot problem...URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbridges7718

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a wierd problem. Whenever I boot my computer it will get to the part where the bar goes aacross the machine. I have Windows XP. Then the screen turns balck and it goes to a monitor self-test. I have repaired and reformatted my comp and the problem remains. I dont know if it is a BIOS problem or a Hardware problem. I really would like this annoyance to go away. I would seriously love to eradicate this problem. I have all updates from Microsoft.

Please help!!

Sincerly,
mbridges7718

it reads monitor self-test? is there any other error message/code?
Do you have onboard video or a card?

Just a monitor self test and thats it no error message no nothing.

I have an on board Video Card NVIDIA 128mb GeForce FX 5200G

But that is not the problem I have had the computer for 4 years and it just started doing this.

I doubt you have onboard VC with that much memory. Make sure the card is seated properly or try your onboard video.

I am using the very computer right now. I did not tell you full details sorry. The frist itme I start up I can only get past the Windows XP loading screen and end up at the Self test. If I do a restart during this I can get to Windows just fine. Do you think it is BIOS related?

I need to know if you can get into safe mode by pressing F8 when you reboot. This will happen way before you get to the loading screen. Just keep hitting it until it comes up and choose safe mode, not safe mode with networking or command prompt.
if it loads fine, do it again, and if it loads fine again, its a driver problem more than likely

do you have onboard video? if so, hook it up and reboot. does it hang up? if so, its probably not your video. if you can get into windows, uninstall you video and reinstall it with updated drivers and reboot. what kind of video card do you have or onboard video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom