Boot options

Status
Not open for further replies.

calem_123

Baseband Member
Whenever i start up my computer, it stops on a boot option page, it gives me a few options, reboot normally or resume windows xp pro setup.

it automaticaly goes to the set up, which fails because the cd is not inserted. i have to manually select 'normal reboot' which is getting very anoying.

the other day i found something on my computer that asks me how my computer should reboot. i selected normal reboot and for a few weeks my computer started up without me having to selct normal boot. but now it has gone back to the screen giving me the options of what to do.

does anyone know where it was i changed this?

thanks

calem_123 said:
Whenever i start up my computer, it stops on a boot option page, it gives me a few options, reboot normally or resume windows xp pro setup.

it automaticaly goes to the set up, which fails because the cd is not inserted. i have to manually select 'normal reboot' which is getting very anoying.

the other day i found something on my computer that asks me how my computer should reboot. i selected normal reboot and for a few weeks my computer started up without me having to selct normal boot. but now it has gone back to the screen giving me the options of what to do.

does anyone know where it was i changed this?

thanks

Your system startup file should have contained improper values.

go to start run and type in msconfig.

select the boot tab and see if there are 2 boot paths in there.

click check all boot paths and it should remove the bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom