Boot issues (blank screens, cant boot in safe/vga)

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis855

Beta member
I woke up this morning and my PC wouldn't even begin to boot. I suspected a CMOS problems so I reset it to default. This solved that problem.

However, upon reaching the windows loading screen more problems began. It seems to load fine until the Welcome screen appears, at which time my display darkens for a moment and then goes completely black.

The same thing happens when I try to boot into vga mode and safe mode stops loading during the system32 stuff.

I'm no expert but I have tried most everything I can think of, including disabling fan stops and throttling back voltage and and clock speeds. I would like to avoid formatting but any help would be appreciated.

well it looks like you've corrupted some files...if so, might have to attempt a recovery with the install disc

have you tried safe mode? if nothing is corrupted and you can get into safe mode...maybe something you installed is messing with your system.

try uninstalling suspect apps

I can't boot into safe mode. I can't get to my desktop at all to remove any programs. I can't even get through a windows repair.

PSU problems perhaps?

ok....let's go back a few...
have you been oc'ing?

how long have you had this pc?
how long have you had it running ok?

what did you do prior that your pc wouldn't begin to boot?
it could be that your mobo is reset to a state that is not compatible with your drive, ie., ahci mode

so the above basics out of the way...what are your system specs?

could be a psu problem, but there are many variables as well
I would be guessing you have been oc'ing...hence the last sentence in your op

I am hoping you can reset your gpu manually...if that's possible, not sure as i don't oc much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom