Boot.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thank you very much Mak, that's what I was looking for. I couldn't figure out how it worked.

So, I cannot do a bootsreen because of this. Is this why, or it it another reason?

By bootscreen what do you mean? If you repaired the boot.ini your issues should be resolved.

Well, like the little XP logo thing with the progress bar. Normally you can edit them with certain software, but I can't. I'm just assuming this can be attributed to the missing boot.ini file.

I don't see a problem with how it is now, I was just quite curious.

Yes that is the loading screen. That is part of the boot process. Since your boot process is not normal as the rest of ours are you can not edit or modify yours.

Were you able to rebuild yoru boot.ini? If you have try using the Recoery Console and do a fixboot and fixmbr. Maybe that will allow you to get these screen and use the bootskins.

I tried the fixboot and such back when I was trying to just get it to boot.

I see no real reason to do it (rebuild boot), but if a problem presents itself I will.

Right so, I am using Ubuntu due to problems I have.

I popped open my Storage drive (Z:) and found the missing Boot.ini file!

Now, how can I make this so I will be able to see it in windows, and move it? Can I just copy/paste it to my D: (system) drive, or are there changes I need to make to the file?

Moving it will not help. You need to make sure that the D:\ Drive is the System Active Drive. After that you can move the file.

I did that, using Gnome Partition Editor. (Actually, I added the flag "Boot". I'm assuming this is the same)

Yes and no. Adding the boot flag helps but it is not the same as Windows recognizing it at the System Active drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom