Boot Failure : System Halted

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn4151

Beta member
i opened my compaq presario , windows ME (old computer) yesterday to see if one of my spare PSU would work for it because its fan was reallly loud. i found out that the spare psu would not work w/o having the need to get a 20-24 pin adapter. when i was going to close up my computer, i decided to change the battery ( for time i think) my comp is 8 years old and i thought, since im at it.. why not change the battery? so I changed it and booted up my computer and get some sort of error and BIOS started immediately. not knowing what to do, i set the settings to default and exited. when my computer rebooted, these messages popped up:
1.Legacy mouse... detected
2.cmos date/time not set
3.hard drive error
and then the "boot failure:system halted"
i tried getting into BIOS again but failed. i pressed all the F's buttons and the rest of the keyboard but no bios showed up.
is there any way to repair the computer without bringing it to a repair shop? if its that bad i'd rather just get a new computer.

Yeah remove the battery again. That will reset the BIOS back and you will then have the option to set the stuff up as you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom