Boot Error`

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Enigma

Beta member
Ok I work for a repair shop and we were removing virus's from a Dell Dimension 8400. Windows XP Home OS. Heres the spec's : @ 250 gig HD with RAID setup one of those drives has an error. 1 Gig of Ram and a 3.0 GHZ Hyper Threader Processer. We removed a particular virus then rebooted it BSOD on us. So I popped in a Windows XP went to Recovery console and typed "FIXMBR", Reboot, BSOD. Recovery then "CHKDSK C: /p" and it just sat there for a few hours so i went back to Recovery Console then typed "FIXBOOT" then rebooted and When i try to boot from the HD it says "NTLDR Missing". I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE DATA ON THE HD . DO NOT TELL ME TO WIPE AND RELOAD. I tried "BOOTCFG" nothing worked. Please Help.

Thanx For Your Time,
The_Enigma

you are probably SOL since you are running a raid setup. you can try a repair, but your best bet is to add another hdd (no raid) to that system, install windows on it. then copy and paste those file that you need off that raid setup, then reformat

The_Enigma said:
Ok I work for a repair shop and we were removing virus's from a Dell Dimension 8400. Windows XP Home OS. Heres the spec's : @ 250 gig HD with RAID setup one of those drives has an error. 1 Gig of Ram and a 3.0 GHZ Hyper Threader Processer. We removed a particular virus then rebooted it BSOD on us. So I popped in a Windows XP went to Recovery console and typed "FIXMBR", Reboot, BSOD. Recovery then "CHKDSK C: /p" and it just sat there for a few hours so i went back to Recovery Console then typed "FIXBOOT" then rebooted and When i try to boot from the HD it says "NTLDR Missing". I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE DATA ON THE HD . DO NOT TELL ME TO WIPE AND RELOAD. I tried "BOOTCFG" nothing worked. Please Help.

Thanx For Your Time,
The_Enigma

do a repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom