Boot Disk Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGamer

Baseband Member
Well i tryed to copy my harddrive over to my new hard drive using norton ghost and when it booted after it was done it just says disk boot failure insert system disk is there any easy way to fix this with out loosing my applications ?

If you haven't formatted the old drive, format the new one, save all your documents and data/applications that you want to keep. Then reinstall your OS on the new drive, then transfer your saved data from the old drive.

yes but will i loose all my applications basically i want it be like nothing ever happend is that possible or am i screwed ?

they are both IDE Hard drives one is an 80gig and the new one is a 160gig im just wondering if when i do the repair install if all my applications will disapire some of them i need but cant get agian

With a repair no..I dont think this will fix it though..I would say a repair would fix it if it started to boot, you saw the XP splash screen and it started rebooting..Have you disconnected the old drive completely from the system? Lets just try to eliminate things.

Make the new drive the only hard drive in the system, set its jumper to MASTER and connect it to the Primary IDE channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom