Boot Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
My friend has an acer running vista. Now I haven't asked him yet if it's 32 or 64 bit, but he said that his computer wouldn't boot up. Since he doesn't know much about computers, I plan to make a boot disk for him,How to Create a Vista Startup Disk | eHow.com

I've found this site, but I want to test the boot disk on my comp, first but its running fine, is it okay to test it?

Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

But honestly this wont do you any good. Why doesnt it boot? If it is due to a system failure of some kind then what good would a boot disk do? A Boot Disk is only used to fix boot issues. IT contains no install files at all or anything like that. It can be used to get to Restore Points and fix problems with the BCD. If that is not the issue he is having, this disk is useless.

Well my friend just told me he had a pre-loaded XP, and based on what I've researched, you cant create a boot disk from scratch if you have an XP machine, he has another comp. anyway so I dont think he's desperate yet. Also I've heard that Vista SP1 can create boot disk without the use of any other software, and I have SP2 so I would like to know how to do that using SP2.

Vista had the option to create a boot disk, it is the same disk that is linked to by NeoSmart. But this option was only available during the Beta of Vista SP1, it was then removed for the final release of Vista SP1 and is not present at all in Vista SP2. So you cant make the boot disk at all. You will have to download them from NeoSmart if you want them. I know they are legit cause I personally made the Vista Disk myself using Vista SP1 Beta. That is the image that is hosted cause i know the owner of that site and worked with him on getting it created and uploaded.

You can create an XP Disk, if you can get into XP. But since he doesnt have that ability there will be no way to accomplish that task.

Yeah I know(regarding he XP). If I have a RW Disk Dual Layer and I burn an Img into it, if an error happens in imageburn can I format the disk? Because when I tried to create an Ubuntu Boot disk(which I downloaded from Ubuntu.com), there was an error and I don't want to waste DVD's. I also have regular DVD's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom