Boot Cd Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatdipasand

Solid State Member
hiiii
actually i am trying to install windows xp pro but whenu restart the pc the cd doesnt boot up. i have run the cd then by normal cd running process but it doesnt format the drive. i ve been trying to access the options at the start of the pc ny pressing F10 but it doesnt show me ny options.i want to format my pc completely and reinstall the windows please provide best options tht u can i want to format my pc completely because when i run the cd it says and asls for the new installation but i cant delete the partition. please help me frens
thanks i ll wait for the reply

Ok you can use make your own Windows Boot Floopy by following these instructions:

1. Insert a floppy inot your computer
2. Open up my computer
3. Right Click on the floppy drive and click format
4. Check the box that says make MS-DOS boot floppy or somthing like that. Then click start
5. After the floppy is created, restart your computer with the floppy in it and make sure your BIOS is set to boot from a floppy.

If you dont have a floppy drive check out this site:

http://www.allbootdisks.com/

They have ISOs that you can burn to a cd.

Get MaxBlast4, burn it as an ISO file to as cd, boot from that CD, format with MaxBlast into NTFS format, insert your Windows CD, boot the computer into the Windows CD and choose "Keep partition info" or something like that. And continue installing Windows.

i am not able to enter bios setup i ve tried every key f2 f8 f10 f12. only f8 works which goes in the normal safe mode menu

no key except f8 is working
doesnt ny one have ny options by which i can format my pc and then do a fresh installation of windows

ok
your install cd will format the necessary drive for you
follow these instructions and you can run it properly
restart your pc and start pressing DELETE untill you enter setup
from their you can navigate with your keyboard
locate the first boot device and change it to whitchever cd drive your disk is in then just save and exit

EDIT ( note if you have a usb keyboard you may have to borrow or buy an older one that uses the ps2 plug or get an addapter as it may not work in setup )

i ve tried man its not working
can there be trouble with the file ntoskrnl.exe in system32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom