Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
I have Windows XP Pro w/SP1 and whenever I install windows again I always have to use those 6 floppy disks because my cd-rom isn't bootable, so the floppies get my computer ready to read from the cd-rom drive. This is a real pain in the ass. I would really like to be able to create a cd-rom with all those files the floppy discs contain. Would this work? Or how could I do it?

Its hard to believe that SP1 isnt bootable... Are you sure your BIOS is configured to boot off a CD?

POSSIBLITY....

Anyhow, If im correct, the 1st floppy disk should contain the boot record/sector to start the whole process so I would probrably use something like Nero to burn the (bootable) CD using floppy disc 1 as the boot disk and then copy the contents of the other 5 floppies to the root of the CD. (I would probrably recommend this as I dont think youll have the option of chaging directories when it asks you to insert the next floppy.)
But of course you wont have to and youd just have to press the appropriate key
One thing Im concerened about though is that there maybe some same files on the floppies which will cause a problem when copying the floppies to the root. It would of course, ask to overwrite and you cant rename them because the floppy boot process wont know to look for your newly named file.
Up to you if you wanna try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom