bookmarks-I'll need more than 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

In Runtime
Apparently FF won't allow more than 1000 bookmarks (that's including folders). I'm fast approaching that number and could use some help for alternatives. Will Opera/ IE allow more?

Okay if you have almost a 1,000 bookmarks you have to many. I would suggest you trim down before you try to load more up. It has got to take Firefox a lot of time to load with that many bookmarks.

Who are you to tell me how many I should have? Given that there's more websites now than there are people on the planet, I'd say 1000 is a modest number! They're all very well organized- which is part of the problem, since folders/subfolders are included in that figure. And I don't think it affects the loading time much.

I'm wondering if there's some bookmark software that would allow for more.

Well considering i am the only one given any input to your question here i think i am not the only one who thinks this. I am just the one who says it.

I know how many sites there are but you do not need to bookmark every site you visit. Plain and simple there is no way you can regular 1,000 sites a day or even every week. That is just simply too many.

But to answer your question i think every browser has its liimits. Whether it is a 1,000 or not is another hting. I have never tried to find the max amout in any browser. The most i have ever had is 500 before i trimmed it down and got rid of the sites that are no longer active.

Your best bet might be IE since it is built in with Windows and they save to their own folder in your Documents and settings folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom