Blurring fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Hi,
recently i formatted my c: and reinstalled everything. then i feel that the fonts in my desktop (eg, words under desktop icons , right-click menu fonts ) are blurred ( not much but noticeable ) what setting i can made to fix it ?

Hello,

First, make sure that you've installed the driver for your graphics card. Secondly, make sure that your graphics is set to the native resolution for your monitor (the optimal resolution it can handle).

Thirdly, ensure that your monitor is set correctly. If your monitor has an Auto Adjust feature (like the majority of LCD TFT monitors), then use it to re-adjust your display to the optimal settings.

Lastly, it may be the font smoothing method causing the apparant blurr. Try changing the font smoothing method by going to Display Properties > Appearance Tab > Click Effects button > Change the font smoothing method used at the top. As well changing the font smoothing method, you could try disabling font smoothing to see if it looks better.

There are clearer instructions on changing and disabling font smoothing in the following article: Changing Font Smoothing Settings in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom