Bluescreen error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTreb485

Beta member
My friend built my PC for me. We are running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit and for some reason I keep getting this bluescreen error. Anyone know how to fix this? I don't know if its video card related because it happends mostly when the card is most active. I have an ASUS Extreme Rampage motherboard with Intel Quad Core 3.2 Ghz. My video card is the ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 4870 X2. I did have one red screen error pop up and it was dumping memory when I was testing the card. I know this computer from what it sounds it designed to be overclocked but trust me I do not know how to do any of that.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Files that help describe the problem
Mini022009-03.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: d3
BCP1: FFFFF96000317118
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8000206EE4E
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

But from what i gather of the error presented i would wager to guess this:

Bug Check 0xD3: DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED

Cause

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have incorrectly marked their own code or data as pageable.

I would try a different driver for your system while using Driver Cleaner Pro to remove the old driver.

DCProSetup.zip - Windows Live

sometimes i've noticed on the blue screen its says something like system expection or something like that and it shuts down to avoid damage. Then it wants me to go into safe mode.

Yes those errors are very common and come up under various situations. The 2 topic on my first post about how to decode stop errors is information that you should read so that you can see what information we need and how to read the stop error yourself.

The 2nd link is one with some of the more common stop error codes and fixes. I have removed your post from there cause you have your own topic. No need to have multiple topics on the same subject matter.

You need to read the Decode Stop errors topic to better understand the Stop Error and what information we need to better help you. Then i would try what i have already suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom