Blue "Stop" Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkosydor

Solid State Member
I built my own PC and I was running Windows 2000 Professional on it for over a year. Just recently, my computer would restart randomly. Then I turned my computer on a few days ago and got this message:

"**STOP:0X0000007B (0X820B98B0, 0XC0000032, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors."

It pops up even before Windows boots all the way, so I have no idea of what to do. I would appreciate anyone's suggestions. Thanks!

Firstly, make sure your virus scanner is up to date & scan the entire hard drive for viruses.
If it is clean, run a disk checking utility (scandisk, chkdsk etc) and check for bad sectors (surface scan) as well as the usual checks.

Okay, I ran chkdsk and it said it found one or more errors on the disk, however, it didn't promt to fix them. What should I do next? Thanks for the help!

Nevermind, it fixed it automatically. Everythings good. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom