blue screen when loading OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sytech

Baseband Member
I keep getting a blue screen when I am loading 2000 pro.
It does it right when it trys to load files onto my HD. Right after you partion and it is done formatting. I am formatting in ntfs with 2000 pro on a new wd 120. I have tried reseting cmos and bios then reloading but keeps doing it over and over. Is this something common?

Can you post the first few lines of the blue screen error. Also, can you please post you're HW specs....video, sound, memory, etc.

-Mike

page_falt_in_nonpage_area

I just tried to install again. I partioned 10 gb formatted. Windows setup was installing files and about 10% into the install it came up with:

Setup cannot copy the file certcli.dll

I hit enter to retry it wouldnt let me. If I hit escape to skip it just kept bringing up same screen with choices but a different file that it could not copy.......

It does that or goes to the blue screen of death.

Gigabyte 81k1100
Ati 9800XT
2gb 3200 ddr
sound audigy 2
WD 120 8mb cache
pioneer dvd

Just bought it yesterday. I actually got it to load!!
One of my ram chips were bad.... However after installing drivers and restarting a few times it came up with NTLDR is missing, right after it verifys the dma pool.
Should I blow the OS and reformatt and install?

i have had this problem numerous times when installing win2k or winXP on older machines. the problem is always from memory not being compatible with the operating system or cd-rom was not reading CD correctly.

you may want to try re-arranging the memory around or using another brand is that is possible. test with only 1 memory stick in the first memory slot. also try using another newer cd-rom manufacturered recently

Your right it was memory and CD

1 of my 4 512 was bad" the one I had in the first slot of course"

Also the two operating systems I was trying to load were bad Cds

Alot of grief a little pain BUT LOTS OF GAIN!!!

My Box is up ang going!

Thanks everyone for the help..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom