blue screen error - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
I have been getting this error where my computer will instantly shut down and show me the blue screen seen on this page and recently it has been happening a lot and it is getting really frustrating. What can I do to make it stop? I always sent the error report to microsoft and it sends me here . Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

No, I added an extra stick of ram and a slave hard drive around 8 months ago, but I highly doubt they are causing this because it was so long ago.

i have the same problem

I get the same blue screen error.

I have not made any hardware changes recently. This problem only occurs when I am running a torrent program like ABC or Shadow's Bit Torrent.

It doesn't everytime I run one of these programs, just some of the time. It's really pissing me off and I'd like to find a way to prevent it.

peace

reply to 'dual channel mode' question

Hey, thanks for replying.

I can't really answer your question because I'm not sure what 'dual channel mode' means.

My RAM setup is 2 sticks of 512mb DDR, both PC2700.

Thanks

>> "Does your computer support dual channel? Check your motherboard manual." <<

I bought my computer from Dell 2 years ago. And it doesn't come with a motherboard manual. To tell you the truth, I don't even know the name of my mobo.

peace

beisbol24 said:
>> "Does your computer support dual channel? Check your motherboard manual." <<

I bought my computer from Dell 2 years ago. And it doesn't come with a motherboard manual. To tell you the truth, I don't even know the name of my mobo.

peace

Dell

try 1 of 3 things

1. make sure the ram is in the 1 & 2, Not 1 & 3
2. change your bios settings to the bios defaults
3. try using 1 stick at a time

Well.......

I only have 2 dimm slots so #1 option doesn't help, but I'll try the other two.

Thanks for suggestions, EricB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom