Blue screen error. Help needed! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2004, 04:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ive been getting the same blue error screen today while playing diablo II. What gives? It was runny fine for the last few days. I dont know what to do now. If i cant fix the problems in the next few days im going to send the PC back.

Old 02-15-2004, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Do you guys have all the latest service packs for your OS?

Old 02-15-2004, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

If any of your programs try to writes to F0000hFFFFFh which is where the memery erea is for cach it will cause this error.Why dont you try to go into your Bios by hitting delete or whatever the key is for accessing the Bios and then go to your advanced bios settings and find system bios chacheable and disable it. Do you have a motherboard book.If not I would either get ahold of who you bought it from and get it or bring the computer back and get one from a reputable person.Anyway the motherboard book will help you to get into the bios and help you find what you need.Its worth a shot later Pat S
Old 03-30-2004, 01:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Your problem is .... Drumroll please ....
Memory compatability problem! I'm getting the same thing and I've just emailed ASUS as there site is in poor maintanence at the moment to send me a complete compatability list of memory modules for that particular board. right now I have 3 256 meg PC2700 memory modules and only one works without the reboot/crash problem. I'll post the listing or email you the list if it's pdf. I think it's poor taste that they only list compatable 400Mhz modules considering not everyone owns them and the manual list exactly 0 modules for anything else ... I feel the need to scream!

Closed Thread