Blue screen of death using P2P software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Baseband Member
I need a bit of help please. when i use P2P software like limewire i get BSoD after a time of using it, mabyb i could use it for 10 mins or mayb i could all night but i usualy get BSoD fast... it gets annoying when im tryin to download large files... i thought it was a driver problem but does anybody know whats wrong or any suggestions?

Thanks guys

did you change any hardware before this started happening. also run a chkdsk /r aswell as check your ram using memtest86+

the chkdsk /r will be done when my systems boots next and ill download memtest86+ now. as for the hardware its allways been like this, i build the computer, no hardware has been changed since.

Thanks man

no problem let me know if that helps. and the fact that its been doing it since you built it makes me think that something was maybe fried by ESD or the proper drivers where not installed correctly. check device manager and see if there are any ! or ? also make sure you have the latest chipset and graphics drivers.

theres no problems with device manager as far as i can see. im updating the chipset and graphics drivers nw. AsusUpdate feature isnt working so ill find the files and then messege back asap

thanks

Flame said:
I need a bit of help please. when i use P2P software like limewire i get BSoD after a time of using it, mabyb i could use it for 10 mins or mayb i could all night but i usualy get BSoD fast... it gets annoying when im tryin to download large files... i thought it was a driver problem but does anybody know whats wrong or any suggestions?

Thanks guys

limewire ? I never trust this software!
I installed this garbage once a few months ago, but then I noticed there were many port scans and hijacking attacks to my PC due to the use of limewire !
I am afraid you had been misled by the user comments in "Download.com".
The users who voted for limewire were actually coming from the same company! They were giving misinfo!

You can simply uninstall limewire !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom