Blue Screen of Death! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I've recently (2 weeks ago) installed Windows 7 on my desktop. I kept Vista because I had a lot of settings and programs installed, I wasn't ready yet to let go of.

Win 7 was running smooth and perfect, until yesterday, where the mouse froze after I logged in. I restarted the PC, and then, there it was, the blue screen of death! I restarted quite a few times. The blue screen either appears directly after I enter my password, or a bit after the desktop shows. Sometimes, desktop loads, I manage to open Chrome for a minute or so, then the blue screen hits again.

I do not recall installing anything lately. I tried system restore to the earliest point, to no avail. I also tried repairing windows. Also didn't work.

One thing to mention though; yesterday, when the PC started going nuts,at some point, Chrome stopped opening sites. Norton 360 kept saying that it blocked an attack on my computer. Not sure if it's relevant.

Is there any way to tell what is causing this problem?? It's been driving me crazy for 2 days, I tried almost everything I can think of! Vista seems unaffected, so I guess we can rule out a hardware problem!

I've attached the blue screen below.

Any help is much appreciated,

Rawan

Attachments

• DSC01130.jpg
    DSC01130.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01132.jpg
    DSC01132.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 53
Go to Windows Update in your control panel and look at the History. Windows might of updated a Driver without you knowing about it. Not every driver update works good with every computer.

You should go through this Spyware guide to eliminate the possiblity of any malware.
Spyware Asylum
Pick your OS and follow the guide carefully

Thank you guys for your replies...

Windows Update has installed a few updates...Funny thing though, yesterday night, the computer logged in and seemed to be working just fine..no blue screen...it told me that there are updates to be downloaded, so I thought what the heck, maybe-just maybe-that would fix something...I left the computer on overnight downloading and installing updates... I checked today, quite a few were installed...computer still gives blue screen and restarts, but after a few reboots, just works... I still have no idea what this could be, and its getting on my nerves!

If it is a bad driver, how can I tell which one? I reinstalled the graphics card driver from the CD that came with the card, didn't solve the problem.

Btw, when windows lets is generous enough to let me log in, I am getting the message that a something caused windows to shutdown unexpectedly, and I am sending the report. (It's just not giving me anything after the report is sent. If I'm not mistaken, windows used to say what caused the problem...) Not sure if that's helpful, but maybe we can located that report and figure out what caused the blue screen?

Thanks again for your help...

Appreciated

The problem is that now your installing multiple video drivers on top of each other. They are now conflicting with each other and causing the crash. You need to get Driver Sweeper from Guru3D.com and remove ALL video drivers then install only 1 set. The 260.99 series is showing to be problematic so go with the set right before those and you should be good to go.

Ok guys...

This thing is still driving me crazy...I tried the rollback driver...(my network card is Intel btw, not Realtek)..."Rollback Driver" was grayed-out...(tried updating, it said I had the most recent driver...) so that's that...

I also tried Driver Sweeper...Removed the ATI driver...(it also gave me Realtek Sound, and a couple nVidea chipset stuff...should I have removed those too?) Anyways, for some reason, that particular time, (and after a few reboots), the PC was working fine...it asked for a reboot after removing the ATI driver...I rebooted...and guess what? Blue screen!!!! (I could tell the driver was gone btw because the resolution was bad!!)

Any other suggestions??

Btw, how come some (rare) times, the PC works just fine with no blue screens?

Thanks again guys...

Without seeing the minidumps to find out what the core of the issue is we cant assist you. The information provided leads to a driver issue. We resolved the only driver issue we know of. Until you confirm that you have checked every driver for your system and that it is up to date and we see the minidumps we cant provide anything more. This is where the information provided has lead us.

thank you for your reply!

What I meant to ask was if there was any way to tell what driver is causing the problem..I previously asked about the windows report (generated after the crash)..if that would help/where it could be located.

You mentioned something about minidumps? Can you please tell more about that? Where can I find them? What can I do with them?

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom