Blue Screen of Death -> Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG.... Seriously, this is unbeliavable.
I updated the bios, seemed fine. Then I download SP3, just as I'm installing SP3, another bsod. This time different stop code, never seen this one before, this is the 4th different code that i've got:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000095, 0x000000FF, 0x0000001, 0xBA60B161)

Ntfs.sys Adress BA60B161 base at BA500000, DateStamp 45a56a7

I'm tired of this. Just 1 more thing left. I am going to run windows memory diagnostic tool overnight, maybe memtest86 missed something, even though I doubt it.

Let u know what happens, once again. Not really hopeful after this though, I think I'm going to end up taking this machine back.

Thanks,
Daniel

chipset driver up to date? audio driver? you didn't list your power supply, are you sure your power supply is sufficient for your machine and isn't going out?

I'd check and make sure you don't have any bio settings incorrect too

That is a error with the file system. Which means corruption of the hard drive. If you are lucky Windows wont be corrupted. But i doubt it. Seems like time for a reinstall.

Mak, I reinstalled before, nothing changed. One of my friends who has been helping me so far offered me windows vista 64 bit home premium for 1/2 price.

Do you think I should take that and install that onto my pc? I'm not sure but I think it's against the EULA that someone gives their windows cd and key to someone else? Will there be any problems if I get it from him?

or should I FULL format (last time i quick formatted) my pc and maybe try using recovery console as well, and then reinstall xp?

To be honest, it seems like a hardware issue since after reinstalls and several updates and all, the problem is still continuing. I've been told all of my temperatures are good so it seems overheat is out of question.

Windows memory diagnostic tool detected no error with ram, either.

Thanks,
Danny

4. TRANSFER—Internal. You may move the Product to a different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the Product from the former Workstation Computer.
Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the Product may make a one-time transfer of the Product to another end user. The transfer has to include all component parts, media, printed materials, this EULA, and if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred Product must agree to all the EULA terms. No Rental. You may not rent, lease, lend or provide commercial hosting services to third parties with the Product.

Yes he can sell you his Vista. Yes you can use it. The only thing is if he is using it then he can not. As stated by article #1 of the EULA.

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
• Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Product on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device (“Workstation Computer”). The Product may not be used by more than two (2) processors at any one time on any single Workstation Computer. You may permit a maximum of ten (10) computers or other electronic devices (each a “Device”) to connect to the Workstation Computer to utilize the services of the Product solely for File and Print services, Internet Information Services, and remote access (including connection sharing and telephony services).

I have bolded the terms needed to know from the EULA. As long as he is not using it and it isnt in use you can use it yourself. If this will solve your problems is another story.

it won't fix your problems. if you got issues, you will still have them. take the computer back

I have to agree with Eric. If you are having this many issues with XP going to Vista wont resolve them. The hardware issue will still be there. Make sure that the CPU is seated correctly. Make sure that the heatsink is placed flat on the CPU and that there is thermal paste on there.

Try moving the sound card to a different PCI slot. Try re-arranging the PCI cards so that they are in different slots. This is a hardware error. Either you have incompatible hardware or a faulty piece of hardware. A new OS wont fix it.

Something I've been seeing since I changed bios to boot from disk to run memtest86 and such programs (later on i changed it to boot from hard drive again, its not still boot from disk) is that after I say enter os on my mobo ''gateway'' if you will, is a text on a black screen saying hard disk not detected!, it shows that for 1 second then xp loads and everything seems fine...

Might this have something to do with my problems? Although this ''hard disk not detected!'' text only started showing up when i set my bios to boot from disk instead of hard drive to run memtest and such programs.

Another thing is, I realised that my ram is running @ 1100MHz, it can go all the way upto 1600MHz and i think mobo is 1333MHz.

Should I change my ram frequency to 1333MHz or something else, its set to auto right now and AtiTool shows that the auto is 1100MHz...

Thx, Danny.

Ah..... i'm no computer pro but you might want to check if your hard ware is Overclocked? Maybe >.>
Go on google and type in Rivatuner and er.... i don't have a guide so fiddle around with it until you find the Graphic card overclock section. To see if there is anything wrong.

Edit: there's also an memory test section which you can also check.
oh and try load in default when your booting up go into your setting and find the load default and see if that works

Hope you get your problem fixed soon

hey...I'm pretty darn sure that my pc is not overclocked.

I am currently getting support from Corsair support forums, i'll let you guys know how that works out. My problem might be with DRAM frequency and etc.

I'll post with latest updates soon.

Thanks for trying to help, appreciate it
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom