Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pain53

Baseband Member
I have a new problem.

I have a Macbook running Bootcamp with Mac OS X and Windows XP Home SP2.

Today I was Playing 1 on 1 with my friend in Black Hawk Down (Game) and I had to go in for dinner, so without exiting out of the game, I closed my laptop.

I came back and tried to log back in, but couldn't click on my name because my mouse was stuck in the top left quarter of my screen.

I had nothing to do, but to manually shut it down so I held down the power button.

When I tried to reboot, It came up with the screen saying "Windows was not shut down properly" or something along those lines. I chose the option "Start Windows Normally" and started waiting for Windows to load.

As it was about to finish loading, the screen flashed blue for a split second and then immediately began to start up with Mac OS X.

I have tried it with the option "Startup with the last used settings" or something like that, I do not remember exactly what It said. (It was the option directly above "Startup Windows Normally")

I have no idea what to do or what is wrong, so any help is appreciated.

I am also unable to get ahold of a SP2 disk.

Thanks,

Pain

Doesnt work.
Once i choose to boot up with Windows, all of my Keys stop working

So safe mdcoe and "Last known good configuration" both dont work? Since you dont have a XP CD this isnt looking to hot. I honestly cant think of anyway to fix this. Being as it is a Macbook with boot camp it could be something to do with that or it could be that the XP installed crashed severely. With it being on a Macbook I cant say for sure what it is. Without a XP CD this makes it even tougher since you cant try a repair install or anything. You might be out of luck until you can get a CD.

Seems a very tough situation, the only thing I would suggest is to try several times the "Last good known configuration option" it usually does not work on mine the first time especially on xp which repair options without the cd aren't as good as vista's cause the second uses restore points fir these situations. Doesn't any friend of yours have the cd to lend it to you? I don't thing you are going to need a key for a simple repair.

Alright guys

I got a CD (finally) and after some clicking around i got it to work. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom