Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stabback

Beta member
Hey there, I recently screwed something up on my machine, moving a required file to another place. I know exactly where it was, and exactly where the file needs to go, however I get the windows blue screen of death upon boot. Using another computer, i have made the following simple batch file to deal with it, although I need to get this batch file onto my laptop along with the required file.

Batch file:
copy "vistablackwave.bootskin" "C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\vistablackwave.bootskin"
pause

I know nothing about how a computer works on boot, can someone please help me run this file with the .bootskin?

Thanks a lot

Stabback said:
Hey there, I recently screwed something up on my machine, moving a required file to another place. I know exactly where it was, and exactly where the file needs to go, however I get the windows blue screen of death upon boot. Using another computer, i have made the following simple batch file to deal with it, although I need to get this batch file onto my laptop along with the required file.

Batch file:

I know nothing about how a computer works on boot, can someone please help me run this file with the .bootskin?

Thanks a lot

With Windows XP, you could just boot into the CD, enter recovery console and there's your command line interface to copy the file back to the original directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom