Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up the primary code... and it sounds like you've got a cache going bad... it's related to the motherboard, not the HDD.

My original thought was that it was a dying HDD.

hmm... I've seen a similar error... and the end result was I just reloaded windows.

you could do a windows repair (NOT RECOVERY CONSOLE!) if you have the original disk and key code... that might be enough.

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

There is a process running that is causing this failure. Something that is running which is causing the system to shut down with that error.

I would first suggest a scan with Osiris's Guide. After that we will check your running processes.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-1-31-2009-a-165828/

Thanks for the immediate responses! I looked through Osiris's guide last night, is there one scan I should just do in particular? As his guide suggests to do alot!

Thanks for the immediate responses! I looked through Osiris's guide last night, is there one scan I should just do in particular? As his guide suggests to do alot!

Go through it all. It just looks long because every step is shown in a screenshot. Not very complicated at all :).

Well it depends on how long some of the scans take. You could start on it tonight, and let the scans run while you sleep, and then continue on the next day. That's what I do when I work on people's PC's for malware infections.

The whole guide should be used. The reason for that is because it scans for multiple items.

When i was running some of them they can go quick. While others can take some time to scan your system.

Roughly it took me 30 minutes to get thru the majority of the programs. The 1 took over a hour.

Will going through it step by step stop any programmes from working? Or will I have to go back and change the settings?

I ran it just fine with my stuff playing as i normally do. One program will force explorer.exe to shut down cause it scans many system files. But that is expected.

If you are asking if it will corrupt any software you currently have isntalled and prevent it from working or change any of your current settings. No.

This guide scans for spyware, malware and other such baddies on your system. It does nothing but search for them and remove them. It will not adversly affect anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom