Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am agreeing with mak. Sounds like something "infectious" in the air. I alway start with those, spyware, adware and virus checks before moving onto anything else.

Right, I've been through Osiris's guide, done everything it says, just got to get final updates from Windows which are installing now. Here's the logs of what I done:

Trojan Remover: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Smit Fraud Fix Log: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Malware Log: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

HiJack This Log: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Combo Fix Log: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Thanks for all your help :]

I've downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer (8.1 I think it is) but when I go to some sites like Iron Maiden Official Website, the menu bar at the top does not appear, and also, it won't load up Hotmail sign in as it needs Java Script to run, how can I fix this?

IE also won't remember me when I log into forums, even though I've checked the 'remember me option', how do I change it so that it will? Neither will it automatically redirect me to new pages.

Ok, here's my latest blue screen. Still getting them after hrough Osiris's guide. I probably need a new pc!

KERNEL_DATA_IMPAGE ERROR

STOP 0x0000007A (0xC03DD29C, 0xC000000T, 0xF74A750C, 0x5E1F7860)

atapi.sys_adress F74A750C

base at F749A000

Date stamp 480253AD

Anyone know the problem?

STOP 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

This STOP error has the same underlying cause as 0x77 errors: A page of kernel data was not found in virtual memory (the page file). This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers or hardware problems, such as an improperly terminated SCSI device, bad blocks on the hard disk, or a conflict with the BIOS or other firmware on a disk controller. Run the Windows XP Check Disk utility as detailed in "Checking Disks for Errors," page 1237. If the disk manufacturer has a more comprehensive disk utility, use it to do a thorough check of each physical hard disk on the system.

Sounding like it could be a bad drive. If you have the XP disc, you could try doing a "chkdsk /r /f" from the recovery console.

Alright here is the latest BSOD Info.

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Now you will have to run Check Disk /r /f on the hard drive. See if that is the issue. Will also have to run MemTest86. Download the ISO from here and burn it with the instructions here.

Between those we can start to get to the root of the problem.

As for you HiJack This log there are some entries that can be removed.

Code:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)
	  	O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)

But other than that the log looks good. You may want to post that up in our Analyze forum along with your Combofix and Malware Bytes logs. I see you already have a topic. Maybe just copy and paste the links from here to there. So Osiris can see them.

Alright here is the latest BSOD Info.

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Now you will have to run Check Disk /r /f on the hard drive. See if that is the issue. Will also have to run MemTest86. Download the ISO from here and burn it with the instructions here.

Between those we can start to get to the root of the problem.

As for you HiJack This log there are some entries that can be removed.

Code:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)

But other than that the log looks good. You may want to post that up in our Analyze forum along with your Combofix and Malware Bytes logs. I see you already have a topic. Maybe just copy and paste the links from here to there. So Osiris can see them.

Ok thanks. I'm doing a check disk now although it seems to be stuck on 0% on stage 2 of 5! I couldn't do one whilst it was running so I set it to start on restart but then the BSOD struck again! This time with a different error but I think it was the same as the original! How will I know the results from doing the Check Disk? Is there a log stored so I can put it up for you guys to analyse? If so, where do I find it? Also, when should I do the MemTest? Do I just burn it to disk and load it or load it upon boot?

EDIT: It doesn't pass stage 2 of 5 on the Disk Check, just stays at 0% :/

Bad disk. LIKE I SAID :p

I would pull that drive out and put it as a secondary on another machine and back everything up, then replace the disk.

Reminds of the time I was looking at a CEO's HDD and I was trying to back it up but the DOS screen said "HDD Failed ... Temperature 250° ..."

I will have to agree with Spark on this one. That drive is dying. Get it out of the system and into another one to get your data off it before it becomes completely dead and you cant access it at all.

I've managed to do a Check Disk from start up, it's still running now, on 31% of stage 4 of 5. A lot of corrupt files have been deleted and new data has been inserted so hopefully that will resolve the 'corrupt file' issues. Is there any way I can access the results in normal mode so I can upload them for you guys to check out? Also, shall I still do the MemTest if the Check Disk is successful? Osiris thinks it may be Nero 7 Ultra that's the problem and suggested I uninstall my CD drive and let it re-install again upon boot so I'll give that a go too. I've backed everything up on a spare HDD so my files should be safe (good job aswell as my English teacher has lost all of my coursework!!)

Thanks for your help so far :]

No you will have to write down the results to post them. The log files are not easy to acquire.

I would still do MemTest just for precation. I read you other thread where Osiris said that. I would try that as well. It could be a compounded issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom