Blu-ray Playback

Do you have multiple HDMI inputs/outputs on either the GPU or monitor?

If so, try swapping them around, as some cards will let only one output be HDCP compliant... Also, do you have a second monitor per chance hooked up that isn't HDCP compliant?

Download and run this to see what passes/fails when it comes to Blu-Ray support. CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Support

Joe C: I tried a standard DVD; it played just fine.

c0rr0sive: Nope: Just one HDMI output on the GTX 770, and only one HDMI input on the Samsung monitor.

And hey, how about that: I've run that Cyberlink program before, but, I ran it again just-in-case. It "claims" that my graphics card driver did not pass (Nvidia 9.18.13.2049), nor did my monitor pass. How can this be true? I've used this same monitor before to watch Blu-rays.

And isn't the graphics card I have now - the GTX 770 - better than my previous one, the GTX 470?

Does this all come back to the Windows 8 Pro thing? What the heck's going on?
Pez

It shouldn't come back to the OS, it is possible the drivers aren't working as they should? Are they the latest version? Not really an Nvidia guy so I don't keep up with what driver revisions are what.

Only thing I could think of at this point is faulty drivers in all honesty.

OK....I feel kind of foolish :eek:

I figured out what it was (the issue causing the problem of no Blu-ray playback) and I fixed it.

Kind of simple, really.

I almost wish that it had turned out to be something complicated and involved, so that that way, I could have gone, "Dang! I never would have thought of that!"

Yes, it was a driver thing. But, not a driver I would have thought of, or, at the least, that it would have been taken care of during the Windows 8 installation I just did recently.

My monitor. My Samsung HD monitor. It, too, has drivers. I didn't catch this at first in Device Manager, but my monitor was showing up as a "Generic" device.

I installed the drivers (chose "digital" during the install, not "analog"), popped in a Blu-ray disc.....and it played.

I knew my graphics card and drivers were solid and good to go (GTX 770 with latest updated drivers), and I knew my monitor was HD, plus, I had watched Blu-rays on it before, before I had done this new system build.

Didn't remember the monitor's drivers, though. Duh. :omg:

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway, though; I always get great feedback and info here!!
Pez

Never would have thought of drivers for the display it self, since Vista and up is pretty good about not using "Generic" for the display drivers these days.

Back
Top Bottom