blu-ray compability and blu-ray emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
is windows xp compatible with blu-ray drives? or is it only windows vista? and also is there a blu-ray emulator? i have both daemon tools and alcohol 120% but not sure if they support blu-ray iso images. also any tool to create blu-ray iso images?

you can dump blu-rays on your ps3 using SAK, Blu-ray works on both XP and Vista. I havent tried mounting a Blu-Ray so i wouldnt know but im pretty sure you can,but you will also need ANYDVD-HD to remove the AACS, unless you are using a BD+ disc which you shouldnt since not a lot are out. Also you will need a pretty decent pc to run Blu-Ray especialy if yor emulating it, also you will need an HDCP compliant Monitor And Video Card or else u will suffer HDCP downconversion which will make the movie look less than 720P and will kill the experience, you ill also need at least a 24" monitor since i belevie those are the monitors that support 1900x1200, which isnt 1920x1080 but its close. Please post back if i can be any furthur assistance to u

well thanks for the information but i need to know if alcohol 120% or daemon tools will allow me to mount blu ray iso images and i also need a sample image that is blu ray format which isn't big so i can download. i don't need test video on it or anything i just need a sample iso image that is blu ray and a emulator.

1. dumped blu-ray disc using SAK

2. downloaded iso from ps3 HDD via SAK web server

3. decrpyted using Slysoft anydvd

playback using vlc

(mount iso using alcohol 120% or another virtual drive then Anydvd will detect and decrpyt, navigate to the mounted iso in My Computer then BDMV/STREAM then find the largest file being the main title and theres your decrypted movie!)

I just want to add my 2 cents. But first let me thank all the folks who has let the way. Kudos to hacked2123 and streetr8cer13. But I did like street's approach, keep it simple rule if possible.

My story is similar after getting past a few obstacles like the file size issue and ntfs issue.

1. Dumped blu-ray movie on PS3 and a USB mounted 500GB harddrive as NTFS filesystem.

2. Moved USB drive back to PS3 with a 23GB iso image of MI-3.

3. Mounted the iso image with a vitual DVD.

4. Used AnyDVHD to rip the movie. Created decrypted .m2ts files (no keys or anything), took about 40mins.

5. Nero 7 and Windows Media Player 10 both played the main movie .m2ts file, about 22GB. WMP had a pop up, but played the file with no problem.

6. Used vmc 1.0.8beta as a media server and PS3 was able to browse the PC to get a smaller .m2ts file and it downloaded to the PS3's HD and played the MI-3 intro in all it's GLORY!!!

So this stuff works!

7. I did stream a test sample video clip (NOT a .m2ts file) from my XP to the PS3 and it worked rather well using pimpstreamer worked better than tversity, which kept getting out of memory even using their flashlib fix.

I don't want to stream from the XP to the PS3 if I can help it, but I do want a way to use a large capacity USB drive with my ripped movies and play them on the PS3. Has anyone tackled this issue yet? I guess on way would be to format my 500GB USB drive as FAT32 and then use the splitter method for <4GB parts. Anyone have a better way yet?

Appearantly you can dump them but you wil need a ps3 or BD drive first,so to answer your question yes you can mount them with alcohol or deamon tools, but from what i read yoou can get 2 outcomes like dvd, getting an .ISO, and a Video_TS, in this case M2TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom