blocking a web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

badhorsie

Beta member
is there any way to block just one certain web site, for example if i want to block Yahoo.com from being accesiable on my computer how can i do that.

In Internet Explorer :

Tool\Internet Options\Content :

Enable Content Advisor.

Select the Approved Sites Tab...

Enter in www.yahoo.com and select the DENY button.
You will be prompted to enter a "Supervisor" password that you will need to create.

This will prompt for a password everytime yahoo.com is accessed.

Now, Im sure there are ways to get around this... ex: using firefox and using Google to trick IE...

Also, Make sure you put a rating on all sites... the content advisor will see the unrated sites as "Bad" sites...

Or a simple hack:

Go into your Hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add in this line

Code:
127.0.0.1             [url]www.webpage.com[/url]

replace www.webpage.com with the one you want to block.

This will redirect any requests to the webpage to your local computer, which effectively blocks that page.

I'm not a fan of the IE content advisor because it relies on the web page your visiting to implement the correct coding. Plus it only works for IE.

bla!! said:
Or a simple hack:

Go into your Hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add in this line

Code:
127.0.0.1             [url]www.webpage.com[/url]

replace www.webpage.com with the one you want to block.

This will redirect any requests to the webpage to your local computer, which effectively blocks that page.

I'm not a fan of the IE content advisor because it relies on the web page your visiting to implement the correct coding. Plus it only works for IE.

I need to block yahoo and msn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom