Block IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not "block" IE because MS packages it with your OS. Therefore, you can do what Makaveli213 is saying and block it using your firewall. However, I third party firewall may be better due to the Windows FIrewall possibly having a bias against blocking IE. Also, if IE is your default browser, you can switch it to Firefox very easily. That would eliminate usage issues. If you can not find a way to block it, I would just delete all shortcuts and set your default browser to another such as Firefox.

I don't use the windows firewall. FF is currently the default browser on every account on this computer. I even went into her account and set the "Web" button on the keyboard (opens the browser) to FF, but she still doesn't use it....I think she just wants to **** me off.

Thanks for the help Makaveli.

go to "set pet program access and default". go to custom and set ff as the default broswer. uncheck the "enable access to this program"by IE and it can't be accessed.

I do this to a lot of computers for people that have kids

go to "set pet program access and default". go to custom and set ff as the default broswer. uncheck the "enable access to this program"by IE and it can't be accessed.

I do this to a lot of computers for people that have kids

Awesome man, thanks a ton.

That seems kinda...mean...heh.

People should be able to use whatever browse they want.

I, personally, cannot stand the bloatware that is firefox.

[
Awesome man, thanks a ton.

no problem.

QUOTE=Brinson;1226235]That seems kinda...mean...heh.

People should be able to use whatever browse they want.

I, personally, cannot stand the bloatware that is firefox.[/QUOTE]

how exactly is firefox bloatware? what browser do you use?

Firefox can become bloatware with all sorts of extensions installed. Some magazine did a study and found out that with each extension another 50KB of RAM is used or something liek that. So if you go al out with the extensions you end up using more resources for firefox than even IE.

cut it out. that was an issue when our systems had 64 megs of ram. each extension has a use. you have the choice to decide if you want it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom