Block IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you just want IE blocked or all internet activities?

To block it on a single account. No. Sorry i dont know of anyway to do that. Maybe a firewall? But that is easy to get by. The parental Controls might do it. But i dont think they can block that. I think they only block Internet Access.

To block it on a single account. No. Sorry i dont know of anyway to do that. Maybe a firewall? But that is easy to get by. The parental Controls might do it. But i dont think they can block that. I think they only block Internet Access.

Well, is it possible to block it on all accounts then? I don't use it at all, so it doesn't matter to me. I just don't want my sister to use it...she does even though I tell her not to, and I set it up so FF was the default, but she doesn't listen...

Parental Controls won't block it I don't think.

Thru a firewall its easy. Just deny it access to the net. Then it wont matter what account it is.

Well, I looked through the firewall program, but I couldn't find a setting to block it access. I'm using ESET Smart Security RC...any help with that?

You can not "block" IE because MS packages it with your OS. Therefore, you can do what Makaveli213 is saying and block it using your firewall. However, I third party firewall may be better due to the Windows FIrewall possibly having a bias against blocking IE. Also, if IE is your default browser, you can switch it to Firefox very easily. That would eliminate usage issues. If you can not find a way to block it, I would just delete all shortcuts and set your default browser to another such as Firefox.

You will have to make sure you have the firewall is set to Interactive Mode. When it is Eset will ask you for each application. I know it sucks that way but it is the only way i know of to block a program thru Smart Security.

If your issue is just that every time she uses it, it changes the default back to IE, you can just open up IE and when it asks if you want to make it default, uncheck the box that says to always perform the check, then click No.

If your issues are that you are worried about security while she uses IE, you will have to do what the other people are saying. But I personally don't worry with all of the security garbage that people are saying about IE (even though I do use FF).

If neither of those are your issue, maybe you should just be happy using FF and let her use what she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom