blank HDD i want 3 operating systems how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fahlstad.se/2005/10/15/mac-os-x-tiger-on-x86/

Running Tiger on an Intel machine is now possible, even to dual boot Win XP and Tiger. For you who are interested of trying this here follow a short tutorial.

NotesYou do this on your own risk.
Please do not attempt this if you feel uncertain.
And do not ask for support from me.
RequrimentsTo run Tiger on x86 you must have at least a SSE2 compatible processor.
Mac OS X Tiger image file. (It is illegal to download this file from bitorrent by searching for gtiger-x86.tar.bz2.)
dd for windows.
chain0
You need an additional hard drive for this, a single partition will not do.
InstallingUncompress the Tiger file.
Create a new partition of type g0xafh on the empty hard drive.
In command prompt type make sure to hit enter between every line:
DISKPART
DISKPART>Select disk (DISK NUMBER)
DISKPART> Delete partition
DISKPART> create partition primary id=af
DISKPART> Exit
Open command prompt and input this gdd if=(path)tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\.\PhysicalDriveX, where X is the number of you empty Hard disk. If you type the wrong number here it wipes your primary disk, so be careful. This takes from 15 min to several hours so be patient.
Copy chain0 to your root drive (C:\).
Add this line to boot.ini C:\chain0=hMac OS Xh
Reboot, you should now be able to dual boot XP and Tiger.
Tiger are now running very slow so using the Finder go to g/System/Library/Extensions/h and delete the file gAppleTPMACPI.kexth in this folder. You may need to authenticate with your password (bovinity) to delete it. Reboot and your computer will spring to life.

http://www.360insider.net/forums/archive/index.php?f-14.html

if anyone is willing to help me convert that to English, i have the operating system anyway. all the files and everything so what im going to do is install this on to d: where i want it. and i think thats what it means. now messing with the c:\boot.ini last time i did that nothing would boot so if someone would be kind enough to help me do that. this is what my current boot.ini looks like

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\SSERVER
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\SSERVER="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect
signature(641ec11c)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom