Blank cd's appear full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
Hi,

For some reason when i put a blank CD-R or a DVD-R disk into my dvdrw ssm-8515s, they apper full.
Does anybody know why this could be? Is there a widows service that deals with this (because i disabled some windows services on my pc to speed it up)?

Thank you,

Denys

Is that a question or did you really disable some service, you shouldn't be messing around with those stuff though, make sure you enable it back to default.

Let me ask, is this DVD drive new? Did you install it yourself or did it come with your computer and was working before? Also, have you tried the CD or DVD disc on another computer to see if the media isn't corrupted or actually full? Not saying your an idiot or something but just wanted to check.

Well, I only disabled the services that i'm pretty sure i am not going to use. And I read a description of those services on the net first, so its not like i just disabled random things.

The DVD drive is new, and I burned a couple of dvd's with it two weeks ago (I don't remember doing anything to my software since then). It also recognized blank CD's just fine, but when i put a blank dvd in, and i tried several from the same box that i used to burn the other dvds earlier, it displays: Free space 0 bytes, Used space 0 bytes. I do have another computer in the house, but it doesnt have a dvd burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom