Black Screen after Windows XP logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomup

Beta member
Okay, so I been having problems with this laptop (Valiant 671XH) for a week now. I opened it up to fix the touch pad. Carefully replaced everything and started it up and it give me the "we apologize for the inconvience....restart in safe mode...last known setting...windows normally" I've tried all of these with no luck. It seems to go into sleep mode or something and won't come back. When starting windows normally or last known setting it goes to the windows logo screen...waits there a while and then the screen flickers and then goes black the hard disk LED which is lit through this turns off but I hear something coming from that general area as if the laptop is still on. When I try loading in safe mode, a bunch of drivers scroll down the screen and then the same thing...flickers and screen goes blank. Nothing brings any picture back. I tried reinstalling xp home ed with the 6 boot disks (SP1) but on the third disk it gives me error msg 4099...setupreg.hiv could not be found. WTF??? Is there a way to fix my computers state? I NEED to get these files that are trapped in my computer for a research project that I'm working on. Help...Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom