BitTorrenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

*ExTrEmZ*

Baseband Member
I just started bittorrenting and I have to say its awsome. But sadly today my downloads are going extremelly slow If Im lucky ill get 3kb whats wrong?:(

bt has a built in sharing award-based system. the more your 'share' the faster your d/ls will be. if you delete the sub directory thats created along w/the downloaded file, its no longer 'shared.' ..or you just might have some stuff nobody else wants. ;)

as you download a file, additional data is written (sub dir.) and that file which you are downloading is being shared with others. when your dl is finished, you can leave the client open to keep sharing. if you want to share more files, basically u just run 'maketorrent' and select whatever you want. it will create the 'torrent' file which you then upload to a web server/torrent search page, so others can get the file(s) too.

which client r u running and what connection do u have. i have cable and am using burst and only sharing what im dloading at the time and get speeds upwards of 150 to 200kb/s sometimes depending on the popularity and seeding of the torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom