BitTorrent : Is it autmoatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I have the release of BitTorrent 5.0.5 which is a fine step from the gray interface of the last BT program I had. With this, I don't know how or if Iam exactly 'seeding' anymore. I've looked through a few of the settings to see, and under the torrents information, i can't find anything set in stone that Iam doing anything by leaving the torrent on. Is there a seperate program i need to use for seeding or can someone walk me through the nuiances, possibly something I missed?

It will automatically seed any torrent you leave on it. If it's not doing anything, odds are no one is downloading that particular torrent.

Haven't used BitTorrent, but shouldn't it just say on like the main screen (where it says you're downloading), if you're seeding/what speed? That's what it does with BitComet, anyway.

And, like Trotter said, it'll seed automatically.

bittorrents are very dangerous. Copywrited materials are watched friverously by hired hands that nag IP's. Up at college I got caught for sharing Flight Simulator X at 9:32 PM April 19th... They contacted my university and demanded they release my name so they could take further actions, or that the university would take their own action toward the perpertrator. Luckily, the school just yanked my internet until I went into see IT and get a slap on the wrist.

Good point, Benny. Torrenting copyrighted materials will get you in deep trouble. While I realize that it is out there, you have to assume responsibility for your own actions because law enforcement will come after you, not the other guy.

As a side note, discussion of pirated and illegal activities are not allowed on TF, so let's not go down that road.

Well if anything I was sharing my story to inhibit such activities. Bittorrents make you share while you download though, so that the system can stay alive, and they don't like when you share. So yea... Not really much to use a bittorrent for other than "that which we do not speak of"...

alright, thats alot of info. Iam so used to the other BitTornado(i think thats the last i used) that gives information on how many seeds or 'peers' are connected etc. taking trotters advice , i bit torrent for file sharing large files and thats it. but, i wanted to know and thanks for the info anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom