bittorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i just have my ADSL modem connected via USB, but im planning to connect it to a 100mbit switch thats connected to 2 computers.

waynejkruse10 said:
i just have my ADSL modem connected via USB

That might be your problem right there,I tried hooking up my cable modem thru the usb and my 3meg cable acted like cheap dial up,try hooking it up like you said your going to do and see if it's any better.

martinweston said:
bittornado slows pc down being java based.

BitComet is C based, good interface and doesn't effect PC speed.

I must agree bit comet is easy to use and has good features for dowloading.

martinweston said:
bittornado slows pc down being java based.

Ya i've noticed that it slow's down a hell of a lot too,BitTornado eat's up the memory like no tomorrow but it's the only one that work's good for me:( Like ohGrFreak said it can go all the way up to 300+ kbs and with the other's i can only get maybe 50kbs max, i can live with it slowing the comp down as long as i get good download speed's.

I am sure that most of you guyz know that the upload and download speeds that your provider tells you means absolutely nothing. Another thing is that some of you guyz are saying that you are getting 30-50kb/s, that is perfectly normally for your internet service i.e. ADSL. Another thing that you guyz hopefully know is that the slower your machine runs the slow it will perform its tasks, so you cant hope for high download speeds and have a slow computer. And some of you guyz with ADSL should maybe look into disconnecting the older models phones in your house if you have any, I have been told that they affect the perfomance of internet speed. And who ever said that BitTornado is Java based is an idot, Azureus is java based, and will slow you PC down like no other. It uses some 40+MB of RAM just for the Java, but it is a good reliable client. I hope that what I have told is somewhat informative

str8lazy said:
Another thing that you guyz hopefully know is that the slower your machine runs the slow it will perform its tasks, so you cant hope for high download speeds and have a slow computer.

Well when my comp slow's down i'm usually getting around 150kbs or more for my download speed,so i guess that's not alway's true.

Azureus is java based, and will slow you PC down like no other. It uses some 40+MB of RAM just for the java

As for Azureus using 40+mb of ram that's not to bad,Bit Tornado eat's up my ram like no other,I usually have just over 300mb of ram free at all time's but as soon as i start up Bit Tornado i have about 70mb to 100mb free:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom