BIOS will not detect optical drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolyWallyWigiWaly

Beta member
Hello every one! I was wondering if any one could help me with my problem? I have a problem with my BIOS and optical drives. A little background knowledge is I have a hard drive but it was formatted so I don't have an “operating” operating system ; p. anyway I think I kinda need the optical drives to install a new operating system. Anyone got any great ideas? I will be kinda online in the evenings around 10:00 pm in Indiana most nights. I have read most of the other articles on this forum with regard to my topic but if you have any please refer them to just in case I missed them. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Hello,

Have you checked the cables, the jumper settings along with your PSU? I say the PSU as you might have a weak PSU to run them. Use a online PSU calculator to calculate how much power your system needs compared to how much you are using.

But the cables and the jumper settings will be the first thing to check.

Cheers,
Mak

Well I'm really excited! I think it's the hard drive, why I don't really know but I checked the hard drive and it's fried like super dead. So I will have to get a new hard drive before I can check if it that was the real problem. So I will keep you guys posted when I get a new hard drive. Anyway does anyone think I might be right about this? Let me know any ideas on the hard drive idea. Thanks everyone for reading and checking this out! Well CHILL
PSU?
I like Commander SMod Autobot
Thanks Mak

I don't know if it's beyond your pc skills but sometimes you will need to tell BIOS to bypass normal settings for autodetecting your optical drive and just tell bios drive to manual detect it with you telling bios it is there.
I have worked with old and new computers that do that and sometimes you will have to manual dectect the drive yourself and then later on look for a new bios update that will help your pc find your hardware on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom