BIOS updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
A cautionary tale!

Had all sorts of problems trying to update my BIOS. Here is the story.

1. I installed the updater from the Asus A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard CD that came with the motherboard

2. When run. there was an immedate requirement to update to the updater

3. I duly updated to 7.04.01

4. I tried to update from one or other of their sites but each time I got: "Sorry!, there's no proper BIOS image on the server"

5. So I tried to update from a file in which I had downloaded and unzipped version 1016.001

6. Got a message: "Asus Window base BIOS Flash program has encountered a problem and needs to close"

7. A message was sent to Microsoft and a form completed and sent to them

8. They replied that the updater might not work with my setup and please try 6.10.02

9 I downloaded, unzipped and installed 6.10.02

10 . I ran it sucessfully, but immediately it notified to update the updater before accessing their servers.

11. So, as I had the unzipped 1016.001 file, I inserted it into 6.10.02

12. It worked and I have updated the BIOS from 1012 to 1006.001 beta sucessfully.

13. Asus have now said that 7.04.01 only works on "newer"
motherboards than my A8N-SLI deluxe - ha, ha!

D.Arbib said:
A cautionary tale!

Had all sorts of problems trying to update my BIOS. Here is the story.

1. I installed the updater from the Asus A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard CD that came with the motherboard

2. When run. there was an immedate requirement to update to the updater

3. I duly updated to 7.04.01

4. I tried to update from one or other of their sites but each time I got: "Sorry!, there's no proper BIOS image on the server"

5. So I tried to update from a file in which I had downloaded and unzipped version 1016.001

6. Got a message: "Asus Window base BIOS Flash program has encountered a problem and needs to close"

7. A message was sent to Microsoft and a form completed and sent to them

8. They replied that the updater might not work with my setup and please try 6.10.02

9 I downloaded, unzipped and installed 6.10.02

10 . I ran it sucessfully, but immediately it notified to update the updater before accessing their servers.

11. So, as I had the unzipped 1016.001 file, I inserted it into 6.10.02

12. It worked and I have updated the BIOS from 1012 to 1006.001 beta sucessfully.

13. Asus have now said that 7.04.01 only works on "newer"
motherboards than my A8N-SLI deluxe - ha, ha!

Its a good job I never got around to updating my A8N-SLI Deluxe :)

Do please update us when you get it done with links of where you downloaded what,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom