Bios update and win8 error

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
Hello.

My pc specifications:

os: windows xp sp 3 (but has a lot of software errors, especially microsoft frame)

ram:1.5 gb ddrram

gpu:256 mb gpu

cpu:2.8 ghz p4 (i have 3.2 too but the temperature goes so high with it)
Commannd set(i am writing this because x86 means i should install 64 bit?)
x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2

gigabyte GA-8IPE1000MK motherboard.

bios: Award BIOS iletisi Intel 865PE AGPSet BIOS for 8IPE1000MK F9
Award BIOS Türü Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today! (suggests that but it asks to pay money)

I instaleld win 8 to my brothers pc and (in specifications, it says win 8 needs at least 2 gb ram) it did not use so much ram. So i think i can use it.

I cant run win 8 advisor because i toldabout errors in windows. IT cant even update.

So, i tried to install win 8 yersterday but it gave error.
0x0005d

This means about cpu. My cpu doesnot support. About nx technology of it. But i read , i have to update my bios. SO i tried to update, there are 2 options, one of them save bios to floppy disk, other is update from floopy. How can i update my bios without floppy? I have floopy but i dont know if it still works.

Now i will install xp to run wi n 8 advisor.

Please help me. Nowi have all windows (from universtiy) xp vista 7 and 8 , even 8.1. But i want 8. This is old pc i know but xp has chronic software problems and i am bored of it. I am using for 6-7 years without formatting. It was nice. Thanks xp but i dont know.

summary:QUestions

Do i need to update my bios to be able to install win8?

x86 means it's a 32 bit system and I think that the P4 you have is not 64 bit compatible (32 bit processor). If your going go with windows 8, you might need to consider a newer computer

x86 means it's a 32 bit system and I think that the P4 you have is not 64 bit compatible (32 bit processor). If your going go with windows 8, you might need to consider a newer computer

I cant aFFOrd right now so this is all i have. I dont care 32 bit or 64 bit but i should install.

You can use the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant located here to check for any comparability issues

Upgrade to Windows 8 - Microsoft Windows

Yes i know it and i installed again xp to run it but now it needs frame 2 so update.

And someone said that

The CPU in does not support the "Execute Disable Bit" (or NX) feature and thus is incompatible with any version of Windows 8. The BIOS cannot enable a feature the CPU does not have.

Anyone knows about that?

As I have said several times now, your system CANT RUN Windows 8. This is at least the 2nd time if not 3rd I have said this.

You dont get to be the judge on if you can run with less than the system requirements. They are set in place by Microsoft, not you. So they say 2GB, guess what that means? you must have 2GB of RAM in the system for the OS install to work.

Not to mention the other effects of the CPU that you dont have, such as the NX that you cant just enable and get to work with a switch.

So please listen this time when I say it. Windows 8 WILL NOT WORK on your system. You will have to install Windows 7.

As I have said several times now, your system CANT RUN Windows 8. This is at least the 2nd time if not 3rd I have said this.

You dont get to be the judge on if you can run with less than the system requirements. They are set in place by Microsoft, not you. So they say 2GB, guess what that means? you must have 2GB of RAM in the system for the OS install to work.

Not to mention the other effects of the CPU that you dont have, such as the NX that you cant just enable and get to work with a switch.

So please listen this time when I say it. Windows 8 WILL NOT WORK on your system. You will have to install Windows 7.

Ok thank you, i know you told it.

And what browser do you suggest for this old system, chrome maxhton opera?

I will try to install win7 now, if it gives error for example drivers lan driver, i will install xp pro sp 3. I dont have choice. I donrt want vista.Xp is better and comfortable i think.

The browser that gets the job done for you is the one to use. Chrome, with extensions, can eat up just as much RAM as IE. Firefox still has memory leaks and will use as much as IE. Maxathon, while good, is still using Netscape technology. Opera has jumped to the same engine as Chromium, but the new version still lacks support for many things that people use daily. Such as a bookmark bar. So I would wait till they get a newer version out of Opera 15 before I would jump on that ship.

Personally I use IE10. I have Chrome and Canary installed but use IE10 as my main browser. It isn't as bad as the old versions and gets the job done. With AdBlock now working for it and the ability to control what sites use Flash, it works just as good as other browsers.

The thing to remember, Microsoft and Windows is not responsible for drivers. That is on the company that makes the part. Windows uses a generic set of drivers to get things working but you should always check the manufacturer's website for their driver which will 99.9% of the time work better.

Hello. I am that cursed guy. Let me tell what i did.

I tried to win7 , it was a successful installing.After booting, it couldnot load windows. So i tried safe mode etc but it was same, couldnot load. So i withrawed win 7 8.

Tried to install my xp pro sp3. FÄ°rst i downloaded it fromschool and burned to cd, not dvd liek win 7 or 8. I made boot from cd but my pc did not see it.

I tried my old xp home edition cd, my pc booted from cd rthis time.

But i saw that win7 divided c drive into 2 drives. So i deleted both and seperated.

Then tried to installl my old xp but it gave errors. A lot of errors whkile installing. I click all esc but then it could not start up.So i found a win xp pro old cd. I tried this and home erdioton 3-4 times. At last after errors while installing, now i am on a xp but i dont know which one ( my aim was to load xp and put cd while on windows, so i can install sp 3).

And but this time my mouse and keyboard did not work while registering a fter installing. So i brought my old type mouse ( not usb, other one , i dont know name, keyboard is purple, mouse is green socket) and put it. Now that mouse is working and suddenyly keyboard started to work too.

Now, my xp sp3 cd is in cdrom. My computer shows "gtmp"(the name of cd ) in cdrom, i click to open it, error is "g (the drivers name) is not a suitable win32 application.

I amr eally bored, i cant even install xp.

What i want to do is, clicking cdrom, then clicking setup and installing xp because booting cdrom doesnot work. I did not burn wrong, i did what i did in win 7 or 8.

Back
Top Bottom