Bios update question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
According to the Intel web site there is an update to my mobo seen here:

Download Search Results

According to cpuid, my current bios version is 2/8/06. When I look at the above site, it says there is one for 1/9/2009. Where it says downloaded files, do I need to d/l all 4 files?

According to the updates, I am about 18 of them behind.

thx

It looks like it. They are labeled (1 of 4) so i would say that yes you have to download all.

Mak, Do I just d/l them and run them and the rest will take care of itself? I have never done this before and it looks like I am about 18 updates behind according to all the dates. Plz let me know.

thx

I dont know. Mine is simple to do. I download the file, it runs within Windows and then reboots and applies the update.

Check the ReadMe that is on that page. It will give you all the information.

when I downloaded it, and tried to run it, I get the following msg "the BIOS version you are installing is older than your system's current BIOS. Do you want to continue".

Does ths mean I am already current?

thx

That means that your BIOS is newer than the one you are trying to install. It doesnt mean that you are current as there maybe a newer one. It is just that the one you are trying to install is older.

Well, I ended up downloading the first out of the 4 and it updated my BIOS, rebooted my PC and I used cpu-z and my BIOS is current now.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom