Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
Asus A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard
XPpro/SP2
64bit AMD 4200+ cpu

I am tryng to use the auto updater, the latest version, 7.04.01
to update my BIOS. When run, I keep getting "Sorry, there's no proper BIOS image on the server"

I have tried using the 1016 update file with the auto-updater
which comes up immediately with:
Asus Windows base BIOS Flash Program has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Help please

First thing I would do is back up your current BIOS config.
Then reset your BIOS to default (either through the BIOS options or with the motherboard jumper)
Then try updating it again. If the update doesn't work, restore your old config.

Yes, I did set BIOS to default and the problem persited. Absolutely no diffrence. What is the BIOS image file that can't be found?

Have done twice on two separate drives each 200GB. Even tried disabling firewalls. The updater opens normally and I did use the self updater with no problem.

Are you sure your pointing the updater to the correct bios file ?
What is the name of the file ?

8N-SLI Deluxe Bios version 1016
Please do read the description before updating BIOS
To avoid crashing file system, please do update the chipset driver to below version prior to this Bios.
For WinXP 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
For WinXP 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
For Win2k/2003 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later
For Win2003 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later
1- Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
2- Update awdflash.exe to v1.14
3- Remove 2.88MB floppy item value

Did you do this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom