BIOS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

STArvidson07

Beta member
Hello Everybody!

My name is Nick, I am new to the forums. I am relatively good with computers and am very literate in them, but know nothing about BIOS.

Here is the deal:

Recently, my HP Pavilion dv9000t laptop (2GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600, Core 2 Duo) has been running VERY hot. I am rocking HP F.29 BIOS and have seen from some google searching that the BIOS update causes the fan to only come on every once in a while, as opposed to at all times as the HP F.15 version of BIOS did.

I would like to revert back to the F.15 version of BIOS. First of all, will this cause any problems or decrease any computer performance?

Second of all, I have no idea how to revert back. Please help!

Thank you to anyone that can help and thank you for your time!

-Nick

Do NOT bump your topic for 24 hours. There is NO need for it. People will answer when and if they can.

As for your question did those searches you did show any ill effects from going back? There is only 1 person i know of on this site that has the laptop so no one else can speak from experience on if going back would be hurtful for you.

I would think you would just flash the BIOS with the older version.

Doesn't look like HP is offering the older version, and nothing came up on Google for the F.15 BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom