BIOS Flashed.. now problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
My grandpa was having strange blackouts on his computer. The screen would just go black and lock up, preventing him from doing anything. When he rebooted it got back to the OS fine and rebuilt the hard drives (he's on RAID1). I thought it was his video drivers so I updated them. He also said he got some weird audio errors so I made sure those were correct too. But then for good measure I updated his BIOS and after that the problems started. He was set to boot from a RAID Array but when the BIOS option is set for that, the OS can't boot. It says I need the install CD to repair. But when I change the BIOS to boot with IDE, he can make it to the OS just fine, but is no longer on the RAID1 like I want him to be. Is there a way I can put him back on a RAID 1 from the OS or do I need to repair with boot CD like the error message said?

Let's say as of right now I can't locate his disc, can I make an ISO install disc still?

Nevermind I have located his install disk, now for the repair from the disk.. should I boot from IDE into the OS, backup his system, and then switch the BIOS to RAID and repair? Or will booting from the RAID and repairing to start with be okay? I want the option that doesn't involve losing all my grandpa's files, so I'm guessing backup, and then repair from disk?

Okay weird problem here, in the BIOS the 2 DVD drives show up under IDE listings when they are SATA... this can't be right beause when I try to boot from the install disc it reads for maybe a minute and then quits. Did I flash it wrong and need to reflash it through the USB option in the BIOS? (First flash I used the software from the Mobo disc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom