Bill Gates retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally Im a sad panda... he has obviously done a lot for the software industry. Although maybe such a move could make a new way for fresh ideas and new personnel to come forward and change how Microsoft works and is represented.

Cool guy, made Microsoft possible. Even though I do agree that linux is a much stronger operating system, Microsoft is much easier to understand, especially since it is made for computer illiterates. Good luck to Bill Gates, hope he gives money to me!

The foundation is the largest of its kind, and has given away nearly $30 billion to help fight such diseases as cancer and AIDS. Gates said that he wishes to spend more time with the foundation and focus more on education work and health issues.

Umm, I think it is great that microsoft helped people, but that is just an advertisement scheme. More specifically it is called MINDSHARE, it is like Starbucks buying a new playground for kids in a poor neighborhood, if they anonymously donated the money then it would have been a different story. But if it is a huge corporate donation, it is obviously their way to advertise their products.

He won't be giving his $$ to you... it's going to his foundation. That's what he's doing now, focusing on that.

persoanlly i think hes a clever man but microsoft is in many ways bad but also the good bits equal out. i think by giving everythign free in windows he was giving su the consumer somethign for our money to save us buying 3rd party media players etc.. whats wrong with that and why MS get sued for being succesful i dont know

RockyZ said:
Umm, I think it is great that microsoft helped people, but that is just an advertisement scheme. More specifically it is called MINDSHARE, it is like Starbucks buying a new playground for kids in a poor neighborhood, if they anonymously donated the money then it would have been a different story. But if it is a huge corporate donation, it is obviously their way to advertise their products.

This isn't like buying a $300 playground then spending $50,000 to tell the world what you did - it was a mention of the fact as a reason to retire. Do you think the American Red Cross is a giant advertising scheme, because they advertise that they help all sorts of different causes?

Hi, they GAVE $30 BILLION TO CHARITIES - no amount of advertising could make up that deficit. Yes, OBVIOUSLY a way to advertise their products.:rolleyes:

baronvongogo said:
its not really a software issue but he is on control of most of the applications we all love using so much :D.

Article about him stepping down from the development side.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2885
Funny thing is, Bill announced his full retirement years ago, just before he unofficially retired from all his duties except being a corporate figurehead and visionary. Bill hasn't seen a line of code in probably 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom