Bill Gates retiring - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Bill Gates retiring

its not really a software issue but he is on control of most of the applications we all love using so much .

Article about him stepping down from the development side.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2885

Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

wat do you think about this baro :d

Old 06-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

personally Im a sad panda... he has obviously done a lot for the software industry. Although maybe such a move could make a new way for fresh ideas and new personnel to come forward and change how Microsoft works and is represented.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to RockyZ

Cool guy, made Microsoft possible. Even though I do agree that linux is a much stronger operating system, Microsoft is much easier to understand, especially since it is made for computer illiterates. Good luck to Bill Gates, hope he gives money to me!

Quote:
The foundation is the largest of its kind, and has given away nearly $30 billion to help fight such diseases as cancer and AIDS. Gates said that he wishes to spend more time with the foundation and focus more on education work and health issues.
Umm, I think it is great that microsoft helped people, but that is just an advertisement scheme. More specifically it is called MINDSHARE, it is like Starbucks buying a new playground for kids in a poor neighborhood, if they anonymously donated the money then it would have been a different story. But if it is a huge corporate donation, it is obviously their way to advertise their products.

e6300@2.8GHZ
G. Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR800
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB
super pi: 1m=20s
Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to M4A1

He won't be giving his $$ to you... it's going to his foundation. That's what he's doing now, focusing on that.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

He might give some money to his daughter.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

persoanlly i think hes a clever man but microsoft is in many ways bad but also the good bits equal out. i think by giving everythign free in windows he was giving su the consumer somethign for our money to save us buying 3rd party media players etc.. whats wrong with that and why MS get sued for being succesful i dont know
Old 06-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Eagleboy

Quote:
Originally posted by RockyZ
Umm, I think it is great that microsoft helped people, but that is just an advertisement scheme. More specifically it is called MINDSHARE, it is like Starbucks buying a new playground for kids in a poor neighborhood, if they anonymously donated the money then it would have been a different story. But if it is a huge corporate donation, it is obviously their way to advertise their products.
This isn't like buying a $300 playground then spending $50,000 to tell the world what you did - it was a mention of the fact as a reason to retire. Do you think the American Red Cross is a giant advertising scheme, because they advertise that they help all sorts of different causes?

Hi, they GAVE $30 BILLION TO CHARITIES - no amount of advertising could make up that deficit. Yes, OBVIOUSLY a way to advertise their products.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Didn't read the article but the thread title makes me want to say

Bull ****
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 06-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Bill Gates retiring

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvongogo
its not really a software issue but he is on control of most of the applications we all love using so much .

Article about him stepping down from the development side.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2885
Funny thing is, Bill announced his full retirement years ago, just before he unofficially retired from all his duties except being a corporate figurehead and visionary. Bill hasn't seen a line of code in probably 10 years.

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Closed Thread